On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 09:44:41PM +0100, Lukas Tribus wrote:
> Restart the process hard, limit the amount of time those old session
> keep running by lowering timeouts and/or setting hard-stop-after.

Indeed that's also a very good solution, it depends if it's acceptable
to stop older sessions or not (which I don't know).

Some protocols using long sessions (like RDP) support very well being
disconnected and reconnected, it's even transparent for the user. For
some other (like SSH) it's clearly not acceptable. But to be honest
I've never understood why some people load-balance SSH :-)  Here I
don't know what it is.