On 1/9/19 3:22 PM, Jarno Huuskonen wrote:
Hello Frederic,

On Mon, Jan 07, Frederic Lecaille wrote:

reg-tests/http-rules/h00003.vtc fails on my side due to a typo in
the regex with this error:

---- h1    0.0 CLI regexp error: 'missing opening brace after \o'
(@48) (^0x[a-f0-9]+ example\.org
https://www\.example.\org\n0x[a-f0-9]+ subdomain\.example\.org
https://www\.subdomain\.example\.org\n$)

.\org shoulb be replaced by \.org

Could you check on your side why you did not notice this issue please?

For some reason the buggy regex works for me, maybe it depends on
pcre version.
My varnishtest links to centos7 default pcre (pcre-8.32-17.el7.x86_64).

Not that weird. This POSIX is not supported

 9.3.2 BRE Ordinary Characters

An ordinary character is a BRE that matches itself: any character in the supported character set, except for the BRE special characters listed in BRE Special Characters.

The interpretation of an ordinary character preceded by a backslash ( '\' ) is undefined, except for:

    The characters ')', '(', '{', and '}'

    The digits 1 to 9 inclusive (see BREs Matching Multiple Characters)

    A character inside a bracket expression

http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/xbd_chap09.html

After checking this issue we will merge your patches. Great work!

I'm attaching the patches again, with fixed regex in h00003.vtc.
The patches are for recent 2.0dev.

Should reg-tests/README default to [-Dno-htx='#'] instead of -Dno-htx= ?

Perhaps [-Dno-htx=[#]] is even better as the # here is optional? I do not care on my side.

Do not modify anymore your patch for that.

Anybody to merge Jarno's patches?

Thank you for replying Jarno.

Fred.