Now that we have h2 support on frontends, backends, trailers, etc, I'm
hoping that server side server-push is somewhere on the roadmap. By
"server side" I mean not this middleware based server-push methodology
frequently used where a "Link" header is converted to a server push. But
instead where the server itself can generate the server-push responses.

Is there any plan on this, or when it might be available?

If it helps for prioritization, our use case for this is reduce
processing overhead. A single request might require the client to have
related resources, and those related resources might all involve
computation that is shared. If each request is handled separately (e.g.
Link header to server-push conversion), it would result in a lot of
duplicated work. So instead we want to do the computation once, and push
out the multiple responses separately.

-Patrick