On 3/11/19 11:06 AM, Marcin Deranek wrote:
> Hi Emeric,
>
> On 3/8/19 11:24 AM, Emeric Brun wrote:
>> Are you sure that servers won't use ECDSA certificates? Do you check that
>> conn are successful forcing 'ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384'
>
> Backend servers only support TLS 1.2 and RSA certificates.
>
>> Could you check algo supported by QAT doing this ?:
>> openssl  engine -c qat
>
> # /opt/booking-openssl/bin/openssl engine -c qat
> (qat) Reference implementation of QAT crypto engine
>  [RSA, DSA, DH, AES-128-CBC-HMAC-SHA1, AES-128-CBC-HMAC-SHA256,
> AES-256-CBC-HMAC-SHA1, AES-256-CBC-HMAC-SHA256, TLS1-PRF]
>
>> Could you retry with this config:
>> ssl-engine qat algo RSA,DSA,EC,DH
>
> Just did that and experienced the very same effect: no QAT activity for
> backend server healthchecks :-( When I add frontend eg.
>
> frontend frontend1
>     bind 127.0.0.1:8443 ssl crt
> /etc/lb_engine/data/generated/ssl/10.252.24.7:443
>     default_backend pool_all
>
> and make some connections/requests (TLS1.2 and/or TLS/1.3) to the frontend I
> see QAT activity, but *NO* activity when HAProxy is "idle" (only doing
> healthchecks to backend servers: TLS 1.2 only).
> This feels like healthchecks are not passing through QAT engine for whatever
> reason :-( Even enabling HTTP check for the backend (option httpchk) does not
> make any difference.
> The question: Is SSL Async Mode actually supported on the backend side
> (either healthchecks and/or normal traffic) ?
> Regards,

Mode async is enabled on both sides, server and frontend side.

But on server side, haproxy is using session resuming, so there is a new key
computation (full handshake with RSA/DSA computation) only every 5 minutes
(openssl default value).

You can force to recompute each time setting "no-ssl-reuse" on server line, but
it will add a heavy load for ssl computation on the server.

R,
Emeric