On Sun, May 05, 2019 at 08:49:10PM +0200, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> Bingo! Alignment was forced to 2^5 when using the sanitizer, which
> causes it not only to detect issues, but may even cause some crashes
> upon startup when trying to dereference padding as function pointers.
>
> You may want to try to apply the following change, though I'm not much
> convinced :
(...)

OK no need to waste your time on this one, I could reproduce the problem
and it's indeed when clang or gcc uses -fsanitize=address tht this
problem arises. And haproxy cannot even detect it since the size of
the symbols themselves doesn't include the padding. So in this case you
need to switch to USE_OBSOLETE_LINKER=1.