Ilya,

Am 16.05.19 um 20:33 schrieb Илья Шипицин:
> alpine is evil, it uses musl which claims to be libiconv, but actually it
> misses several things.

I am not sure how libiconv is related to a libc?

> do you run reg-tests after build ? do we run valgrind or some sanitizer on
> that images ?

To be clear: I'm not directly involved in the haproxy docker-official-image.

But to answer your question:
A basic smoke test is run on the haproxy image for each configuration (I
contributed to that one using a pull request). Here's the one for
1.9-alpine [1]. The test can be found here [2].

The full reg-test suite is not run by the DOI program and personally I
don't believe they should. HAProxy + musl is something the HAProxy
project itself should verify. If anyone: It's perfectly fine to consider
musl a second tier configuration and only fix issues when they are being
reported instead of actively checking. Similarly to OpenSSL vs anything
else. Technically HAProxy + musl could be added to Travis, but I am
concerned about using up a bunch of resources for the free service
provided by Travis. The various OpenSSL configurations already stretch
it a bit.

Regarding valgrind: I also don't see how the fact that HAProxy runs in a
container would change anything about memory unsafety. Memory unsafety
is a programming mistake that's either there or that's not there. That
does not magically change.

[1] https://travis-ci.org/docker-library/haproxy/jobs/532055276#L777
[2]
https://github.com/docker-library/official-images/tree/master/test/tests/haproxy-basics