On Mon, Jul 08, 2019 at 04:51:24PM +0200, Alain Belkadi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As the "netstat" command is deprecated since a long time (1), I suggest to
> replace it with other commands like ss and ip.

I disagree with this. netstat is not deprecated at all, it's superseded
*on linux* because there we have netlink which provides a much faster and
more complete interface than the one used by netstat. But netstat is the
only command you'll find on about all systems and its output format is
pretty consistent.

However it might make sense to add a few lines close to the locations where
netstat is mentioned to indicate that on Linux ss is preferred since it's
much less resource intensive than netstat.

Thanks,