Le 17/09/2019 à 11:11, Christopher Faulet a écrit :
Le 16/09/2019 à 03:40, Kevin Zhu a écrit :
Sorry Crhistopher, have you look at this mail ?😁

On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 at 16:11, Kevin Zhu <ip0...@gmail.com
<mailto:ip0...@gmail.com>> wrote:

     Hi Christopher

     SPOE engine-id is all same when nbproc is more than 1, the clients all
     group under same engine, and same stream-id and frame-id frames may come at
     same time. So we alway need engine-id to identify client's and frames.
     Best Regards

Hi Kevin,

Don't be sorry. I was busy when received your mail and after I forgot to review
it. So, thanks for the reminder.

There are 2 parts in your patch. First, about the SPOE engine-id when there is
more than 1 process, you're right. The engine-id is the same for all instances
and it's a problem. But if we are fixing this part, we might as well fix it for
the threads too. For now, the Async mode does not work with several threads just
because of the engine-id. It is pretty easy to fix, thus I will do it too.

Then, about the mandatory nature of the engine-id, I'm disagree. For 2 reasons.
First, because health-checks does not provide it. Second, because it is only
required for the async mode. We can imagine to not send it when this mode is
explicitly disabled. From the protocol point of view, I prefer to keep it
optional.

I can amend your patch to get only part to generate a different engine-id per
process if you are ok. Then I'll do a fix to have a different engine-id
per-thread too and always allow the async mode.

Hi Kevin,

I've finally found some time to push the patches. I will backport it soon.
Thanks !

--
Christopher Faulet