Hi William,

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 10:26:23AM +0100, William Dauchy wrote:
> in mworker mode used with uid/gid settings, it was not possible to get
> a coredump despite the set-dumpable option.
> indeed prctl(2) manual page specifies the dumpable attribute is reverted
> to `/proc/sys/fs/suid_dumpable` in a few conditions such as process
> effective user and group are changed.
>
> this patch duplicates the prctl part done earlier in the init, but after
> the uid/gid changes. There might be a cleaner way to do it and avoid
> code duplication.

That's strange, I was absolutely certain it was done after the setuid
stuff precisely for the reason you explain above. Do you think the
sequence differs in master-worker mode maybe ? Or maybe I did something
completely wrong but given that till now it appeared to work for me, I
must admit I'm a bit puzzled.

Thanks,