On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 11:02:10AM +0100, Julien Pivotto wrote:
> I meant the opposite :)
>
> Client <- close -> HAProxy <- keepalive -> Backend

On the frontend side it's particularly rare to want to close
considering the cost of establishing a new connection in terms
of timing. We've continued to implement close mainly to remain
compatible with our previous versions that were too limited in
fact. Do you have a use case where it would really make a
difference ? If that's rare enough, I suspect that simply
adding "http-response add-header connection close" should do
the trick, as it will flow to the mux which will close.