On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 9:20 PM Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu> wrote:

> Indeed that looks good. We'll need to include Ryan in this discussion,
> he's the maintainer of the official RPMs for RHEL. I'm purposely not CCing
> him as I know he's very busy this week, but I sense that we're starting to
> see the light at the end of the tunnel here.

Indeed, I have been busy. Then on vacation. Then back in time for another
deadline. I'm always open to hear feedback on the RHEL and Fedora packages
(I maintain Fedora packages as well as RHEL). Thanks to Julien for creating
those copr builds. That makes my life so much easier!

A couple items about Fedora/RHEL packages. For Fedora, I try to be
responsive for CVEs, minor release rebases, and enabling features (eg.
Prometheus support). Lesser things like minor spec file changes usually get
a much lower priority. Note that we do not rebase to a new, major release
within a stable release. For example, if Fedora 31 has haproxy-2.0.x, it
will never have haproxy-2.1.x. That is what copr is for. For RHEL, it is
even more restrictive. I don't make the rules, just wanted to explain this
since I get a lot of email asking about these things. Cheers.

Ryan