Hi Martin,

On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 12:35:12PM +0200, Martin Grigorov wrote:
> Hi ????,
>
> Suddenly today the build is again green here!
> I didn't make any changes to my testing setup.
> It must be something on the OS level but I wasn't able to figure out what
> makes the HAProxy tests timeout in the last several days.

We've had issues with the abns test on other platforms in the past,
namely s390x and ppc64le. It used to occasionally break on x86_64 as
well but far less frequently. It was affected by two bugs that were
solved yesterday after a few days of investigation and testing. We've
seen yet another failure again on ppc64 while it was expected not to
fail, so I'd be careful before claiming victory. However the abns
test is extremely time sensitive and uses short delays around 15ms to
try to trigger the issue, and in a VM it is possible to see this
happen from time to time due to noisy neighbors. That's why I'm
staying extremely prudent on the verdict. The PPC64 machine I tested
on is provided by Minicloud and is a VM running on a real CPU, so it's
much less affected by timing issues. I've run the test several hundreds
of times in a row and couldn't make it fail anymore.

So don't worry too much if it appeared and disappeared. The change
that emphasized it was the increase in default maxconn (304e17eb8),
apparently just due to a slightly longer startup time! And the ones
expected to have fixed it are between bdb00c5d and 4b3f27b included.

Note that I didn't manage to make it fail on arm64 (real machine,
SolidRun's Macchiatobin).

Hoping this clarifies the situation.