Thank you Christopher and Willy for your responses !

We have discussed the resolution for the issue on GitHub at following link:
https://github.com/haproxy/haproxy/issues/16
However to further explain the patch fix, we have introduced new options,
"header" and "body" in http-check directive. Based on the content for these
options configured in haproxy.cfg and if expect option is also configured for
http-check, the header is added to a buffer followed by the "Connection: close"
string which is further followed by the body.
For cases, when either header or body or both is not configured in haproxy.cfg,
we have used default values to create the data packet in the buffer.
We would definitely update the documentation once the patch is finalized and
therefore shared it with RFC tag.

To answer your  query on reg-test, We have performed regression testing of the
patch using the RT suite available at our end. We can share with you the test
report, if required. However, if there is any community RT suite that you would
like us to follow, please do let me know.

As far as the relevance of this patch is concerned, considering the planned
http-check refactoring at your end, we were already aware that the patch might
not be merged due to the  fact that the check system is currently being
reworked to support muxes for HTTP/1 and HTTP/2 so that there are better checks
in 2.2

Thanks,
Kiran Gavali