Hi,

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 09:40:17AM +0900, flamese...@yahoo.co.jp wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm using latest v2.1.4, with a multiple processes config(nbproc 4),
> everything works fine at the beginning.Meaning I can see 4 worker processes
> are using CPU at 70~80% by top command.
> The next day I noticed a drop of CPU usage on our monitoring system
> dashboard, then I logged in and found that there are only 3 worker
> processes are using CPU at 70~80% by top command. But all haproxy processes
> are there(1 master, 4 workers).
> The worker which does not show up on top's output only uses ~1% CPU. So I
> assume that worker does not receive traffic.
> This does not happen always, but when it happens, it happens after several
> hours after start haproxy.
> If you need more information, tell me how to do it, I'm willing to provide.

First, could you please share your config ? (just drop any confidential info
like IP addresses or passwords).

Did you have a working behaviour previously with another version ? If so,
which one ? Do you observe anything abnormal in your logs ? On the stats
page ?

Since you're in multi-process mode, one thing that *could* possibly
happen is that you'd be dealing with some heavy requests over very long
connections, and that once some clients are connected to a given process
and they send it very heavy requests, these ones are affected.

But this should normally not happen unless you have lots of CPU-intensive
rules like regex (or even worse, map_reg() with a large file), all of
which should be possible to get rid of on the long term if needed.