Hello Willy,

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 7:29 PM Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu> wrote:
> just a quick note, be careful with -dev6, monitor your FDs from time
> to time. Today it caused an outage on haproxy.org after all FDs were
> in use. Sadly we had skipped a number of -dev in the past, jumping
> from something between dev2 and dev3 to dev6, so the breakage might
> have happened anywhere in between.
> The symptoms were that the CLI was still working pretty fine, "show fd"
> would show a lot of FD and "show sess" would show only the CLI's socket.
> A reload managed to get my stats request immediately accepted by the new
> process so that proves that it was waiting in the accept queue, thus
> accept() was refraining from doing its work.
> For now that's all I know, but I do have traces so I hope we'll quickly
> figure where it comes from.
> I just wanted to let you know given that others might start to run a few
> -dev releases in production and such issues are very nasty to detect :-/

If this can help, the issue is possibly between dev5 and dev6. We have
been following quite closely the dev releases, but we had to revert
from dev6 to dev5 as it produced issues on our side - where it is
perfectly running fine on dev5. I did not reported it earlier (shame
on me) because I did not had the time to investigate and collect some
more details. I however can do that in the following days if
necessary; be I believe you now have traces on your side as well.
--
William