On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 11:17:33AM -0500, Ryan O'Hara wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 2:24 PM Tim Düsterhus <t...@bastelstu.be> wrote:
>
> > Ryan,
> >
> > Am 09.07.20 um 20:34 schrieb Ryan O'Hara:
> > > I'm currently packaging this for Fedora. It seems to build just fine on
> > > Fedora 32 and rawhide. Is there any new build options or dependencies to
> > be
> > > aware of? I'm looking at the Makefile now and nothing jumps out at me.
> > That
> > > said, I am totally capable of missing something.
> > >

> > I've just run `git diff v2.2-dev0..v2.3-dev0 -- Makefile`. The only
> > thing I'm seeing that might of of interest to you is HLUA_PREPEND_PATH /
> > HLUA_PREPEND_CPATH if you plan to ship any HAProxy specific Lua
> > libraries that don't make sense in the global Lua library path.
> >

> Good thing we're talking about Lua, because I just noticed that rawhide
> (and Fedora 33) are using Lua 5.4 and that will not work with haproxy. I'm
> investigating. Worst case scenario ... I will have to disable Lua support
> in F33/rawhide.

Yep it's been reported recently, it's github issue #730. At first glance
based on the errors there are some API changes that we don't know the
extents yet. At least one function needs an extra argument and one enum
value doesn't exist anymore from what I remember. For now it seems noone
has investigated this any further yet. I hope the upgrade will be easy
enough so that we can backport to 2.2.