> > That seems strange indeed but looking at the code that's what I'm
> > seeing. Was your access to ssl_fc_has_early placed before or after the
> > rule above ? If it's after it must indeed report false.

fetcher is placed before the rule

> > I seem to remember there was one but can't find it, so I may have been
> > confused. With this said, it doesn't provide a big information since
> > once the handshake is completed, it's exactly identical to a regular
> > one. But it can be nice for statistics at least.
> >

> Pretty sure the original version always returned 1 if there were early
> data, but we changed it so that it would return 0 once the handshake was
> done, as we thought it was more useful, that may be what you're thinking
> about.

Yes I indeed found the commit which changed the behaviour. In fact I
probably mixed the true meaning of the definition in the doc and the
old blog post about it which is vague.
Now everything is clear.

>From our point of view, it's interesting to check some behavioural
changes we can make on the L4 layer (e.g. hash including source port
or not).

> That indeed tells me something. However I checked if CO_FL_EARLY_DATA
> persists, and apparently we kill it very early once we have everything
> so it's not as if we could trivially add a new sample fetch function to
> report its past status.
>
> Also I seem to remember that we concluded that depending on the timing
> and how data were aggregated and processed in the SSL lib, we couldn't
> reliably report the use of early data if those were converted very early.

At some point I was asking myself whether this could be done but
simply to give a signal without any guarantee, but you seemed to
conclude that it's not reliable enough to become a new fetcher.
--
William