On Wed, Nov 04, 2020 at 08:37:12PM +0500, ???? ??????? wrote:
> code full of "ifdefs" is not a mess.

Yes it is, really. It's very hard to visually follow execution there. And
with your cleanups it's already way better.

> the mess is to depend on OPENSSL_VERSION, every fork has it's own opinion
> what its own version should be.

Agreed!

> as far as we depend on macros we are safe.

Yes definitely.

> I'm ok to move that condition to openssl-compat.h if you think it is better

I think it will be better, it simplifies the conditions and that's exactly
the purpose of openssl-compat, to abstract what really deserves to be
abstracted. And quite frankly when it's just one library renaming a macro
for a NIH syndrome, that perfectly fits in this purpose :-)

But if you don't have time to do it now for this one, I won't object anyway,
so no worries. I was just suggesting the direction to follow based on a
concrete example.

Thanks!