Hi William,

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 11:55:18AM +0100, William Dauchy wrote:
> commit c55a626217a7e676e1cc ("MINOR: contrib/prometheus-exporter: Add
> missing global and per-server metrics") is renaming two metrics:
>   server_idle_connections_current
>   server_idle_connections_limit
>
> This patch to propose to backport this change in 2.2, 2.1. and 2.0 to
> make it consitent accross versions. The main point being, it makes it
> painful to integrate in some automated testing accross versions, which
> make use of those metrics.

What impact do you think this renaming can have on stable versions ?
I suspect the reason it was not backported was to avoid breakage. But
actually maybe the difference between older and newer versions makes
the situation even worse.

I'm not opposed at all to merging your patch, I'm just worried that
some users will then report that these metrics are missing. Or should
we duplicate them so that they appear with the two names in older
versions maybe ?

Thanks,