Hi all,

as I suspected in issue #1020, another user got trapped not enabling
SSL when building from sources (probably for the first time, as it
happens to everyone to build haproxy for the first time).

Given that haproxy's main target is HTTP and that these days it often
comes with SSL (and it doesn't seem like it's going to revert soon),
I was wondering if it would be a good idea for 2.4 and onwards to preset
USE_OPENSSL=1 by default. At least users who face build errors will have
a glance at the README and figure how to disable it if they don't want
it. But providing a successful build which misses some essential features
doesn't sound like a very good long-term solution to me.

I'm interested in any opinion here.

Thanks,