All the series now applied after reviewing, thanks for doing this, Tim!
If you're interested in such "ist" conversions, there are plenty of
header names, cookie names, cookie values and so on that are always used
as pairs of ptr+len in struct proxy and struct server. For example, I do
have some memories of "cookie_str" in mind, that could give you an entry
point for this horrors museum. A few of them still do not have a length
and are still recalculated at use time. All of this is very historic
(should I even say prehistoric?) and never benefitted from the possible
cleanups.

This may require to reorder some struct fields because at the moment the
lengths are stored on an integer, which is usually padded by placing
another one next to it. Turning them to ist will result in a larger
size_t but you'll then have properly aligned structs which make the whole
thing easier to keep aligned.

Thanks!