On 06/09/2021 09:10 AM, Willy Tarreau wrote:
Hi Miroslav,

On Mon, Jun 07, 2021 at 04:55:21PM +0200, Miroslav Zagorac wrote:
In fact, the only access to these files is achieved only once at the
beginning of the HAProxy process, in the initialization of threads.
After this initialization, no access to the file system is performed.

This resolves GitHub issue #1274.
Please try again to have a real initialization phase in the post_check
or wherever suits you (we can even add another hook if you need a very
special place, it's not a problem), but this thing needs to be initialized
and to have its files loaded before chrooting. And if you still face any
issue doing that, we can discuss it to figure how to address it, but I
don't want us to paper over problems using methods that have short-term
nor long-term implications on the users. And this one definitely has.

Hello Willy,

yes, I agree with your suggestion to determine exactly where the problem is, i.e. why the thread started by the opentracing library is killed after chroot().

I hope it's something trivial about what I missed, because otherwise someone needs to bury themselves in the depths of several connected libraries written in a pretty complex C++ code.

See you soon, with hopefully good news.  :)

Best regards,

--
Zaga    <miros...@zagorac.name>

What can change the nature of a man?