Hello list, we have a HAProxy cluster in front of some chat-like applications.
This HAProxy cluster is dynamically updated and now and then the instances need
to be reloaded.

Some of the applications behind this cluster have a few thousand of active
users and, every time that the old instance’s hard-stop-after expires, closing
the remaining connections, the applications receive an avalanche of
reconnections from the clients (usually browsers) almost at the same time.

What I’m planning to do is to monitor every old instance and start a `shutdown
session` via cli, a few connections at a time, fairly distributing them in the
last 25% or so of the remaining time. However maybe someone has a better idea
or even pointing to a configuration that does more or less what I’m trying to
implement.

~jm