Hi Willy,

On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 12:29 PM Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> On Mon, Aug 09, 2021 at 11:04:34AM +0300, Martin Grigorov wrote:
> > TravisCI just announced some improvements related to 'arch: arm64' (using
> > Equnix Metal machines) -
> https://blog.travis-ci.com/2021-08-06-oss-equinix.
>
> Thanks for the info!
>
> > But I also had some similar problems with them recently and replaced the
> > config with 'arch: arm64-graviton2; group: edge; virt: vm;', i.e. AWS
> > Graviton2 machines. In my experience they behave more stable!
>
> Yeah, these machines are really fantastic. The real problem anyway is
> likely that nowadays everyone is interested in testing on arm and very
> few have one available, let alone even a cross-compiler, so I suspect
> that these days a lot of people enable arm builds in such CI environments
> because it's the only way they have to make sure their code builds there
> at all.

I am not sure whether you understood me. Or maybe I didn't understand you.
Anyway, let me rephrase:
TravisCI provides two types of ARM64 VMs - arm64 (powered by Equinix Metal)
and arm64-graviton2 (by AWS Graviton2).
You, as a user, can use any or both of them in your .travis.yml.
I prefer the AWS Graviton2 instances because there are less issues with
them.
So, instead of disabling the ARM64 CI job I suggest to try with
arm64-graviton2. Here is a sample setup for it -
https://github.com/apache/wicket/blob/270a5a43970cd975539331b21a34bd83a59c9c39/.travis.yml#L18-L22
More info about it at https://blog.travis-ci.com/2020-09-11-arm-on-aws

Martin