Hi,

I run two FreeBSD 12.2 servers with haproxy 2.0.22 in a CARP setup.

The frontend-interfaces have multiple IPs and I need to have this statement in at least one backend service:

  source 192.168.185.29

This is because the target-service has some whitelisting for this specific address.

This has worked well over several years, however recently (maybe with the upgrade to the 12-series - I can't be sure), it seems that haproxy on the CARP BACKUP cannot use this configuration anymore - which, upon closer look, is not totally unreasonable and technically correct.

I assume, previously it would just ignore the statement and use the interface IP.

I've now commented it out on the slave, but it's a bit silly to have to remember to "fix" the slave manually on switch-over.

Is there a way to get haproxy to just ignore the source-statement if it can't use that address for sending (which it obviously can't, when it's not MASTER)?

Rainer