On Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 04:22:29PM +0200, Willy Tarreau wrote:

> Hi,
>
> HAProxy 2.5-dev10 was released on 2021/10/16. It added 75 new commits
> after version 2.5-dev9.
>
> The smoke is progressively being blown away and we're starting to see
> clearer what final 2.5 will look like.
>
> In completely random order, here are the main changes I noticed in this
> release:
>
>   - some fixes for OpenSSL 3.0.0 support from Rémi and William; regression
>     tests were fixed as well and the version in the CI was upgraded from
>     alpha17 to 3.0.0

What's important to mention is that we don't have broken SSL reg-tests
anymore, which is probably the first time since we introduced the
reg-tests, lot of them was broken because of incompatibilities with
previous OpenSSL version, or LibreSSL/boringSSL.

Regarding the whole reg-tests directory, only 3 remains broken:

        reg-tests$ git grep REGTEST_TYPE=broken .
        connection/proxy_protocol_random_fail.vtc:#REGTEST_TYPE=broken
        mailers/healthcheckmail.vtc:#REGTEST_TYPE=broken
        seamless-reload/abns_socket.vtc:#REGTEST_TYPE=broken

>   - William added a new config predicate "ssllib_name_startswith" to
>     detect the type of SSL library in "-cc" rules.

Actually it's Rémi's patches. It completes the "openssl_version_atleast"
predicate that was previously done and allow us to be very precise in
the test selection, which was not the case before.

--
William Lallemand