Le 11/8/21 à 14:31, William Dauchy a écrit :
On Mon, Nov 8, 2021 at 1:52 PM Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu> wrote:
Just to be sure, is this something you want to merge into 2.5 or is it
to be queued next ? I'm fine with both, but I prefer to ask as it's not
just a one-liner and I don't know the impact on promex.

I know Christopher was possibly thinking about a more advanced
implementation but I thought it could be ok for a first version.
Probably a good idea to wait for Christopher feedbacks anyway.
I was indeed targeting a late v2.5, despite being a new thing. Sorry
for that and I forgot to add a message about it.
If it works well enough, I will also probably ask for a backport in
2.4 before the end of the year as I know large clusters are waiting
for this patch to lower their memory consumption in prometheus.

Thanks,

Hi William,

The change seems reasonable for a first implementation. I will add backports info in the commit message and merge it. Thanks !

--
Christopher Faulet