Willy,

On 1/5/22 5:01 PM, Willy Tarreau wrote:
Semi-related: 1.7 should probably receive its final release and then be
marked as EOL, as Q4 2021 definitely is in the past now :-)

Indeed. I had a look at the relevant patches since the last version,
and am only seeing minor ones. As such I'd rather not emit any new
version delivering a bad signal, than risking to break something
that possibly works well enough for users.

As there are no pending commits, there's also nothing to release :-)

This makes me think that this should also mark the turn for 2.0 to
enter the "critical fixes only" status. We all know it doesn't mean
much, beyond giving us an excuse for producing releases less often,
but this is also what such users of a 3-years old version are usually
counting on. Any objection ?

I'd suggest to mark 2.0 as "critical fixes only" in May - 2 years before the EOL in Q2 2024. We did the same for 1.8 which was marked as critical fixes only at the end of 2020 (i.e. 2 years before Q4 2022).

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus