On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 05:38:46PM +0000, David CARLIER wrote:
> Mostly gcc 7.5 and clang 9 nowadays.

Sorry I was not clear :-) I meant, do you build on an old Sun, in an
x86 VM, with a real Solaris or an OpenSolaris (or some variant) etc.

I used to keep my old Sun working for a while because SPARC was extremely
picky on alignment and could often detect issues that are harder to spot
on other archs. I gave up when the CPU more or less died (the usual SPARC
thing, L2 cache corruption all the time). I wondered if switching to x86
to keep a Solaris would bring me any benefit or not in terms of coverage.
Maybe it can if it still spots build issues (and we have evports there),
but I'm wondering about the least invasive setup we can think about in
this case.

Thanks!