On 3/1/2022 4:27 PM, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
I don't know such a tool but this sounds like a interesting project Idea.

Maybe some parts could be done via LUA but as HAProxy internally handle a lot of errors it could be tricky to force
HAProxy do behave "weird" and not standard compliant.
http://www.arpalert.org/src/haproxy-lua-api/2.5/index.html

Yeah, it occurred to me that the devs on this project have done everything they can to FIX errors and misbehavior, and here's this idiot (me) suggesting that the program should have a mode where it CREATES errors. :)

Haproxy devs might be in an ideal situation to do this, because they have spent so much time investigating and fixing code that does it wrong.

I haven't spent any time learning about haproxy's LUA integration. Not terribly excited about learning yet another programming language ... but maybe someday I will need to do something that requires it, at which point I will learn it.

Thanks,
Shawn