On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 08:56:14PM +0000, Alford, Mark wrote:
> Do you have instruction on the exact library needed to fo the full install on
> RHEL 7 and RHEL 8
>
> I read the INSTALL doc in the tar ball and the did the make command and it
> failed because of LUA but lua.2.5.3 is installed
>
> Please help

Hello,

I'm using this thread to launch a call for help about the redhat
packaging.

We try to document the list of available packages here:
https://github.com/haproxy/wiki/wiki/Packages

The IUS repository is know to work but only provides packages as far as
2.2. no 2.3, 2.4 or 2.5 are there but I'm seeing an open ticket for
the 2.4 here: https://github.com/iusrepo/wishlist/issues/303

Unfortunately nobody ever step up to maintain constantly the upstream
releases for redhat/centos like its done for ubuntu/debian on
haproxy.debian.net.

Maybe it could be done with IUS, its as simple as a pull request on
their github for each new release, but someone need to be involve.

I'm not a redhat user, but from time to time someone is asking for a
redhat package and nothing is really available and maintained outside of
the official redhat one.

William Lallemand