On Tue, May 31, 2022 at 07:16:31PM +0200, Tim Düsterhus wrote:
> Willy,
>
> you're probably expected this type of email from me :-)
>
> On 5/31/22 17:56, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> > HAProxy 2.6.0 was released on 2022/05/31. It added 57 new commits
>
> I guess the release of 2.6.0 is an appropriate time to put 2.0 into
> "critical fixes" only. Back in January we discussed doing that in May and
> luckily it's may for another ~5 hours here in central Europe :-)
>
> see https://www.mail-archive.com/haproxy@formilux.org/msg41672.html

Ah yes, nice reminder, now done just in time!

> With that HAProxy 2.3 can likely get its final release for the last two
> commits and then be EOL'd.

Yes, we can either release as-is or have a quick check for anything
absolutely earth-shattering and backport yet a few more fixes, or we
could completely ignore it. I'm going to mark it unmaintained right
now, and we'll likely issue a last one in a few days, for those who
are a bit late to upgrade.

> On another note: For the Docker fans, I've already created a Pull Request to
> add 2.6 proper / 2.7 dev, so those should be available soon-ish:
>
> https://github.com/docker-library/haproxy/pull/185

Thank you!

> Enough of being partypooper Tim. Enjoy your release party!

Will likely happen next week, I'm busy at Kernel Recipes till the
end of the week now. 2.5 years without a conf was too much, let's
switch back a little bit to kernel mode for a few days ;-)

Cheers,