Hi Ilya !

On Mon, Dec 12, 2022 at 10:56:11AM +0500, Илья Шипицин wrote:
> hello,
>
> I made some prototype of I meant:
>
> https://github.com/chipitsine/haproxy/commit/c95955ecfd1a5b514c235b0f155bfa71178b51d5

- We don't often use "dev" in our branches so we should build everything
  when it's not a stable branch.

- We don't want to build "3.0" OR latest, in fact we only need to
  condition the "latest" build, because the other one will always be
  built.

  So once the "3.1" is released we could add an entry for it to
  the file and "latest" will be another version. This way we could
  backport the "3.1" in previous branches if we want to support it.

> I;m not sure how stable branches are named in private github ci. If you can
> enlighten me, I'll try to adopt.
> currently, I did the following, if branch name is either master or contains
> "dev", so "latest" semantic is chosen, fixed versions are used otherwise.

The stable branches are named "haproxy-X.Y", so in my opinion we should
build the "latest" for anything which is not a stable branch.

> also, I know that the same ci is used for
>
> https://github.com/haproxytech/quic-dev
>

> @Frederic Lecaille <flecai...@haproxy.com> , which behaviour would you like
> for that repo ? what is branch naming convention ?

The same as the master branch IMHO.

Also, the problem is uglier than I thought, we are not testing 1.1.1
anymore since "ubuntu-latest" was upgraded to 22.04 a few weeks ago
without us noticing.  "ssl=stock" is now a 3.0 branch. It brokes all
stable branches below 2.6 because they need the deprecated SSL API.
I changed "ubuntu-latest" to "ubuntu-20.04" for those branches so it
works as earlier. I'm going to reintroduce "1.1.1" for master to 2.6 so
it is correctly tested again.

In my opinion we need a similar mecanism for the distribution than for
the ssl libs. Maybe using "latest" only in dev branches and a fixed
version for stable branches will be enough.

William Lallemand