Hi,

On Thu, Dec 29, 2022 at 03:44:35PM +0500, Fida AWAN wrote:
> I am setting up Percona-Xtradb-Cluster 5.7 with  HAproxy version 2.6.7 and
> heartbeat with two vms for percona cluster
(...)
> But the issue is when I
> I have a third client vm in the same subnet with private ip 10.0.0.8
> When I try telnet 10.0.0.100 3307
>
> the response is
>
> Trying 10.0.0.100...
> Cannot connect
>
>  kindly check if my configuration is correct or not , and why it's not
> working

Have you checked if the alias 10.0.0.100 is present on any of your VMs ?
If it is, you'll also need to verify that you can ping it from the client.
Depending on your VM environment, it's possible that your hypervisor has
enforced a NAT-based setup or is just filtering traffic to limit it to
the initially planned IP addresses only and that your alias cannot
communicate with the outside world. But clearly the issue here is at the
IP level (either the clustering tool hasn't set it, or the hypervisor is
preventing you from using it).

Willy

  • Query Fida AWAN
    • Re: Query Willy Tarreau