Looks like that's Websocket for udp/QUIC just because the Websocket Protocol does not work with QUIC, imho.

From a cursory read of https://github.com/w3c/webtransport/blob/main/explainer.md, it seems to have slightly different goals from traditional Websocket though.

Notably to sacrifice message ordering to get rid of head-of-line blocking.

Cite from https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-webtrans-http2/

```
By relying only on generic HTTP semantics, this protocol might allow deployment using any HTTP version. However, this document only defines negotiation for HTTP/2 [HTTP2] as the current most common TCP-based fallback to HTTP/3.
```

They do have a separate HTTP/3 specific draft here: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-webtrans-http3

When I look back how a nightmare the  Websocket in the different version  was to implement it will this variant for QUIC not be much easier, from my point of view.

Now as for complexity, I can only agree that I hope it will be simpler for everyone, implementers as well as users... since easiness of use really was not a strong point of WS...

Tristan