On Wed, Oct 04, 2023 at 08:52:39AM -0600, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> On 10/4/23 05:34, Remi Tricot-Le Breton wrote:
> > You just have to run the following commands :
> >
> > $ echo "update ssl ocsp-response <path_to_cert>" | socat
> > /path_to_socket/haproxy.sock -
>
> When I do this, the update is successful and shows in the logfile
> created by rsyslogd ... but unlike when haproxy does the automatic
> hourly update, there is no service reload, so the proxies are not stopped.
>
> When my old ocsp updating script sent an ocsp response to the stats
> socket, there was no service reload either.
>
> I couldn't follow what's in the src/ssl_ocsp.c file.  It has been a
> REALLY long time since I actually wrote C code myself.  I was hoping to
> find out whether or not that code was initiating a service reload when
> systemd support is enabled.
>
> I have tried to find something external to haproxy that might be
> initiating the reload, but I haven't found anything.
>
> Thanks,
> Shawn

Hello Shawn,

Nothing in haproxy initiate a service reload, are sure you don't have an
external process which is doing it? The systemd support within HAProxy
is only meant to provide a status to systemd, it does not send it
actions.

HAProxy only sends a "READY=1" status to systemd, so if you are seeing a
"Reloaded" message from systemd, it was sent by something external to
HAProxy. And it would be a `systemctl reload` action, not a manual kill
-USR2 signal.

William Lallemand