Hi Tim!

On Tue, Dec 05, 2023 at 08:00:43PM +0100, Tim Düsterhus wrote:
> Willy,
>
> On 12/5/23 17:24, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> > HAProxy 2.9.0 was released on 2023/12/05. It added 25 new commits
> > after version 2.9-dev12.
>
> Congratulations! :-)
>
> > Let's not change a good tradition, I'm almost done updating the site, and
> > will watch for Tim's email telling me where I messed up :-)
>
> I've had a good chuckle reading my name there. And indeed I've something:
>
> 1. I've marked 2.9 as panel-primary in the docs:
> https://github.com/haproxy/docs/commit/b1cee82d690d0f464f08a317c0d81ca7a50688f3
>
> Having both the newest and the newest LTS as primary is consistent with how
> it was done for 2.6 + 2.7 in
> https://github.com/haproxy/docs/commit/355e32087446a9832d4fc3541f828bdca3c69f86.

Ah yes, you're right, normally we highlight both latest and latest LTS (which
are the same 1/2 times).

> 2. I'm noticing the date of the changelog column of the table at the top of
> haproxy.org is using a dash instead of a slash as a delimiter for 2.9. This
> is inconsistent and I think this caused issues with the automated update
> script in the past. So you likely want to unify this one way or another.

Interesting! I seem to remember that I changed it in the release script
a while ago for readability and consistency with the release date column,
but I don't undertand why 3.0-dev isn't using it. I need to investigate,
and will fix it.

I'm seeing that it's becoming harder, we're improving!  Thank you :-)