Hi.

I follow the development more or less closely and I must say I not always understand all changes :-).

Just for my clarification is the following setup now possible with HAProxy with all the new shiny features :-)

client => frontend

              \-> backend server dest1 IP:port

                    \-> call "CONNECT IP:PORT" on upstream proxy

                          \-> TCP FLOW to destination IP

I know there is the http://docs.haproxy.org/2.9/configuration.html#5.2-socks4 option but sadly not too much enterprise Proxies admins offers socks4 nowadays.

I think the Scenario is still not possible but I would like to have a second eye opinion on that.

Maybe somebody on the list have a working solution for the scenario and can share it, maybe only via direct mail. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Regards
Alex