Hi Jens,

> after updating from HAProxy 2.4.26 to 2.4.27, I noticed some strange behavior
> change when issuing commands via the socket. I have a script that calls the
> "prepare map" command and looks at the output to determine the new map
> version number. This script failed after upgrading to 2.4.27. Going back to
> 2.4.26, everything is fine.

Thanks for all your inputs, you were right to think that an issue was
recently introduced between 2.4.26 and 2.4.27.

The offending commit is:

> commit 7156740285745e73a52982b8b01ce8975f3fd633
> Author: Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu>
> Date:   Thu Feb 8 18:15:23 2024 +0100
>
>     BUG/MEDIUM: cli: fix once for all the problem of missing trailing LFs

Which was just backported in 2.4.27

The issue doesn't lie in the patch itself, but since patch was initially
written for the 3.0, it turns out that despite applying without errors,
it was not compatible with older versions (< 2.8) without a small
adaptation.

You can find the regression fix for the 2.6 here (with more information
about the bug in itself):
https://git.haproxy.org/?p=haproxy-2.6.git;a=commit;h=219ce3bce43acb4ba2b4a45a6a988cfa0cb11da9

It will be backported in 2.4, and should be included in the upcoming
stable releases.

Thanks again for your help, we really appreciate it.

Regards,
Aurelien