сб, 29 июн. 2024 г. в 12:01, Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu>:

> Hi,
>
> HAProxy 3.1-dev2 was released on 2024/06/29. It added 45 new commits
> after version 3.1-dev1.
>
> Several fixes related to the recent 3.0 release are present in this
> version, as well as a few older ones. Most visible are three QUIC
> crashes, a possible double free on stick-tables, issues affecting
> aws-lc with ECDSA, a risk of server flapping when DNS resolution
> times out, and the usual amount of small fixes all over the place.
>
> In addition we've been notified by Yuki Mogi of FFRI Security that
> some of our pseudo-headers in H3 were not sanitized enough and that
> these could theoretically be abused with some severely non-compliant
> backend servers, so this was fixed as well. This will be backported
> to the next stable versions as it's not dramatic enough to warrant a
> release on its own.
>
> The "show dev" command was improved to report command-line args as
> well as boot & current capabilities. Linux capabilities switched to
> v3 instead of v1 in order to avoid a deprecation warning on recent
> kernels. We've checked the impacts and apparently there are none,
> beyond the lack of support of kernels prior to 2.6.26, so we'll soon
> backport it to 3.0 so as to silence the annoying warning users are
> facing.
>
> A date converter was added to take an HTTP date on input and produce
> a UNIX timestamp on output. This will help calculate expiration delays
> for example.
>
> The sigalg feature was added for aws-lc, which, I think, should now
> match 1:1 the features level of openssl (unless I'm missing something).

it is VERY close to openssl. however there are few gaps.
the one I'm aware of is

haproxy/include/haproxy/quic_tls.h at master · haproxy/haproxy (github.com)
<https://github.com/haproxy/haproxy/blob/master/include/haproxy/quic_tls.h#L143-L154>

aws-lc implements chacha20_poly1305 in a different way than QuicTLS.
and if that gap is eliminated, it will be a good point to declare aws-lc as
a recommended QUIC lib.

if we compare aws-lc against openssl-1.1 (not quictls), it is indeed
matches (maybe except some niche features like async)