On Wed, 24 Jul 2024 at 23:19, William Lallemand <wlallem...@irq6.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 24, 2024 at 10:32:16PM +0200, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
> > Does this announcement have any impact to HAProxy?
> >
> > "Intent to End OCSP Service"
> > https://letsencrypt.org/2024/07/23/replacing-ocsp-with-crls.html
> > https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=41046956
> >

> I read about this yesterday and my impression is that they are trying to use
> the excuse of the privacy problems to end a
> service that they have difficulties to scale.

I agree.

Google disabled online/active OCSP requests a long time ago - more
than a decade.

Here's more argumentation:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/180T6cDSWPy54Rb5d6R4zN7MuLEMShaZ4IRLQgdPqE98/edit?pli=1

They claim OCSP must-staple is basically unused, OCSP stapling itself
is not much used (8%), it's complicated and they do not want to rely
on it.

I guess it's one less feature we have to care about, but I wish they
would have made up their mind 10 years ago and spared us all the pain.

Lukas