Hi all:

Well, I have a PDF which explains in detailled way how is a XLS constructed
supporting from 2.0 to 2000, XP and 2003.
It comes from the OpenSource.org Source Project.
Very detailled explanation...

If anyone is interested in this doc, I could send it over.

FWIW, I have written/adapted source to create directly, without Excel
installed, XLS Sheets, version 2.0.

I´m very interested in developing further enhancements, like coloring, borders,
formulas.
So far, it simply creates a XLS 2.0 file, allowing to write numeric, text, date
and integer data.

If anyone seriously want to jump in, I could also send the source over.
The source I have runs on xHarbour, and there is a version for the old C4W.

BR, Jan Sperling