Szakáts Viktor wrote:

>> b) A long list of warnings
>> Seem to be related to sqlite
>> Look below for "B portion" catched from screen
>
> Yes, unfortunately foreign code throws lots of
> warnings.
>

>From SQLite FAQ

(17) I get hundreds of compiler warnings when I compile SQLite. Isn't this a
problem? Doesn't it indicate poor code quality?

    Quality assurance in SQLite is done using full-coverage testing, not by
compiler warnings or other static code analysis tools. In other words, we
verify that SQLite actually gets the correct answer, not that it merely
satisfies stylistic constraints. Over two-thirds of the SQLite code base is
devoted purely to testing. The SQLite test suite runs many thousands of
separate test cases and many of those test cases are parameterized so that
hundreds of thousands of tests involving millions of SQL statements are run
and evaluated for correctness prior to every release. The developers use
code coverage tools to verify that all paths through the code are tested.
Whenever a bug is found in SQLite, new test cases are written to exhibit the
bug so that the bug cannot recur undetected in the future.

    During testing, the SQLite library is compiled with special
instrumentation that allows the test scripts to simulate a wide variety of
failures in order to verify that SQLite recovers correctly. Memory
allocation is carefully tracked and no memory leaks occur, even following
memory allocation failures. A custom VFS layer is used to simulate operating
system crashes and power failures in order to insure that transactions are
atomic across these events. A mechanism for deliberately injecting I/O
errors shows that SQLite is resilient to such malfunctions. (As an
experiment, try inducing these kinds of errors on other SQL database engines
and see what happens!)

    We also run SQLite using _valgrind_ on Linux and verify that it detects
no problems.

    Some people say that we should eliminate all warnings because benign
warnings mask real warnings that might arise in future changes. This is true
enough. But in reply, the developers observe that all warnings have already
been fixed in the compilers used for SQLite development (various versions of
GCC). Compiler warnings only arise from compilers that the developers do not
have access to.

Regards,
Petr