On Mon, 29 Sep 2008, Szak�ts Viktor wrote:

Hi Viktor,

> BTW, is there any objection to enable GCC -O3 switch
> for all scripts?
> MSVC/BCC already goes with optimizations turned on.

Some GCC versions where wrongly modified by Linux distribution authors
and where giving wrong code or GPF during compilation when -O3 was enabled,
f.e. older Mandrake and Mandriva distros. It's the reason why I never
enabled optimization by default. In some cases I also want to disable
some of GCC features, f.e. automatic function inlining so I need builds
with reduced optimization or without any optimizations.
We can make -O3 default but it should be enabled only when user does not
use any other -O? switches in C_USR so if necessary it will be possible
to disable it without editing make files.