On Thursday 09 October 2008 02:47:44 am Szakáts Viktor wrote:
> Hi Teo,
>
> Good that you mention, I've observed this when doing the
> builds.
>
> I think this is a serious limitation, which makes it
> impossible for someone to build .rpms based on downloaded
> source archives.
>
> Is there any way to not depend on svn internal information
> to create this package? Do you know why is it needed exactly?

It's needed because is a simple and effective way to get the files needed to
build the directory tree from where build the rpm packages.

However, we can provide an alternative to the users that don't build from a
SVN tree, by having available the list of files needed (currently in a file
named "hb_flst.tmp", and created inside the "pack_src.sh" script, both in the
bin/ dir) to those users.

The only drawback is that we need to have updated the file list all the time
when a change is made to the source tree, but I think that this is a minor
detail because the users (with SVN write access granted) that will build the
package also will update the file list and upload it.

In fact, the script "pack_src.sh" seems to be ready to do this with little
changes, so I have changed the script and added the "hb_flst.tmp" file to the
SVN .

[snip]

best regards,

Teo