On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 8:23 PM, Pritpal Bedi <bediprit...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Now with the extensive usage this GT has attracted in importance demands
> it to be extended to honor Windows protocols.
> I need group decision before proceeding to implement it.

IMHO GT has first of all to be 100% compatible with C5x and then
compatible with other GTs and AFAIK 1.0 behaviour was correct.

I understand that here there are many Win user and less Linux or OSX
ones but as long as Harbour aim to be multi-platform every change in
the core need to be multi-platform and multi-gt.

We have many GTs:
1 - console I/O like GTNUL, GTGUI, GTCGI, GTSTD
2 - full screen like GTWVT, GTWIN, GTXWC, GTTRM, GTSLN, GTCRS
3 - graphical like GTWVT and GTXWC

So before extending or changing one of them we need to think what this
means for the GTs of the same level.

best regards,
Lorenzo