Hi Viktor,

Il 16/01/2009 15.06, Viktor Szakáts ha scritto:
I'm not sure how svnnotify works, but if it's a client side solution, we haven't solved too much (the point would be to make this fully automatic for everyone), if it's server side, the choices are limited to the sf.net <http://sf.net> hosted notifier script, and with this, the only configuration option is a destination e-mail.

Maybe some sort of forwarder e-mail address could do the job.

As I have seen in sf.net docs the only option is:
"we only support one user-provided option to this script, the email address to send the notification to"
so email will be sent using sf login name.
This can be solved if Phil can add sf developers to ng list as valid senders.

The other question is that, AFAIR and for description I have read, svnnotify will send every commit made to any file on SVN and not only to changelog file, as implemented on sf.net, and this I don't like. So, if this is confirmed, even if I like idea my vote is no because, also if there is more work to do, I continue to prefer a clean message reporting that part of changelog regarding a single commit.

My 2 cents.

Best regards,

Francesco