On Wed, 18 Mar 2009, J. Lefebvre wrote:

Hi,

> J I like the idea of free discusion about general concept, but we first
> face a more basic problem.

It's working for me as it should.

> Either on full Borland or full MSVC (no mix of compiler) You can create
> a pure pcode dll, you can load it, but it does'nt work at all, even
> dynamically (using HB_LIBLOAD, HB_LIBDO).

Probably the .dll name in windows build was changed and source code was
not updated. I do not know but the names in source/vm/maindllp.c seems
to be synced by Viktor.

> It seem that the exe generated does'nt export some needed function
> (like, at least,  hb_vmProcessDynLibSymbols, called from maindllp.c ).

They have but I guess they are not exported.

> I tried to add it to hbvmpub.ch (like hb_vmExecute ) but it does'nt solve
> anything.

This part I do not understand. hb_vmProcessDynLibSymbols() is already
declared in hbvm.h. It's enough.

> For hb_vmExecute(), here is what we can found into hbvmpub.h.
> "extern HB_EXPORT void hb_vmExecute( const BYTE * pCode, PHB_SYMB pSymbols )
> HB_FLATTEN_ATTR;  /* invokes the virtual machine */"

Also good.

> How could I render those two functions exported. If I do impdef myexe.def
> myexe.exe, nothing is exported ?

So was not declared as exported.

> Any Idea, I'm ready to try to make it work but I need some idea on
> "where or what" to search .

I guess you build Harbour without HB_DYNLIB macro.
In such case HB_EXPORT is not defined. See hbdefs.h.
AFAIR HB_DYNLIB is set only for harbour.dll. At least it was working in
such way.
If you want to export symbols also in static harbour libraries so later
you can access them from external DLLs then you will have to recompile
whole Harbour code with -DHB_DYNLIB.