Hi,

I have a question about practical usage of autoincrement fields ("+"). My friend wants to start use it, but he found a simple problem on first attempt. The question is: how to convert database column from "manual autoincrement" to true "+" type field? Another similar problem is "ALTER TABLE" of such table.

I think the easiest way to do is create table containing "I",4 field and conversion this "I",4 into "+",4 (checking for not duplicated numbers and writing maximum to the field header). The problem is we do not have such function. How this function can be implemented in RDD? Or maybe we can talk about general DBALTERTABLE().

Regards,
Mindaugas