On Wed, 07 Oct 2009, Szak�ts Viktor wrote:
>> BTW set mode does not automatically change the font size. Maybe it will
>>    be good to add such functionality but please remember that we have
>>    problem here with priority of object to update: window size or font
>>    size so I think it's important to first define expected behavior
>>    (algorithm) and document it and later update the code so anyone
>>    working on GTWVT will know expected behavior and can keep it adding
>>    own modifications. And of course it should be possible to disable it
>>    because not always our algorithm with its arbitrary decisions will
>>    follow user preferences.
> SetMode() works for me (with GTWVT) on app startup to resize font
> to make the requested (by cmdline) dimensions fit on the screen.

Yes but only on startup and only when it's possible to find font
small enough for whole console window. If it's not possible to find
such font then current GTWVT uses default font (not the smallest
available one and reduces number of rows and/or columns.
If try to use SetMode() to resize existing console window then given
dimensions are validated using current font size not the smallest
available so SetMode() returns .F. is current font is too big without
trying to find smaller one. See SETMODE() method in GTWVT. We can add
such automatic default font size decreasing but without precise algorithm
which can increase font size when SetMode() is used to reduce number
of rows and columns it will be only one way feature.